32 Camera - Possible?

USMC_Rob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello and thanks in advance for the info, got a few questions.

What would be the chances, if the software is configured properly, of a server (hardware wise) being able to handle a (32) camera system efficiently.

Now I know there alot of variables, but for the sake of simplicity, lets assume I can configure the server to its most efficient without issue. So now we boil it down to processor (important), ram (not as important), hard/drive ssd speed (not as important), and MP of the camera (important).

Having those variables, is a 32 possible at 3MP, without splitting the job into (2) 16s?

Running no lower than 10fps, and recording 24/7 would be the only reqs.

I can run a 16 cam sys all day without issue on a 3770 with some minor tweaks, but hadnt gone any stronger of a processor as it was not really required, but I think this 32 would req a significantly beefier setup, if it possible in the first place. And I didnt want to purchase a bunch of hardware on a maybe.

I had read a couple threads (with Fender) talking about non-motion being more efficient, but I actually had not seen that in my time with the software (possible setting or tweak I missed).

Thanks in advance for the discussion.