360 DEGREE FISHEYE VR CAMERA - 1.3MP WIFI YOOSEE with BI

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought this 360 IP Camera:

Fisheye Panoramic Wi-Fi HD Security Camera
( Being compatible with ONVIF specification, the camera can work with network video recorder and ONVIF compliant video management software. It also supports RTSP stream protocol, can record video to remote NAS)

Works preaty well with it´s own APP:

1) at the comments there is one guy telling he has connected his cam to BI software. Somebody knows how since this cam doesn´t come with a IP address?

2) I entered to my modem and couldn´t identify which one was the cam. Can someone help me? What port has to be used ?

Regards

Attachments

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
How I find an unknown ip address...

Try a (free, I think) program called "Wire Shark" (Wireshark · Go Deep.).
This pgm has way more capability than I ever use. Just set a stand alone laptop to 192.168.1.11/255.255.255.0; disable wifi; and connect directly (no twist) to the unknown camera with network cable. Start a search and look at the results. You will see the ip address of this laptop as well as the ip of the camera...

I have not tried this particular camera with BI, but at least you get the ip for starters...

(Your Mileage May Vary...)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You did not receive any documentation? Have you searched online for support for that cam to find a setup guide?

If you used their app it's likely running P2P now, that may or may not interfere with some conventional IP discovery. If the following does not work, I'd reset the cam then try the following WITHOUT using their app.

I use a very simple app on my iPhone called 'Fing', it's free and they have for Android phones as well, as it looks like you have an Android smartphone. Read about it and download ==>> here.

It very possible the cam does not have a static IP so it will need to have the router assign it one. With cam power off, plug the cam into a port on your router with an Ethernet cable then power up the cam.

While the cam is powering up, download and install the Fing app on your phone, join the Wi-Fi on the same LAN as your cam, open the app and 'scan', it 'sees' your modem/router, PC's, phones...everything on the network including the cams that your router assigned an IP to. Once you find a cam, tap on it to open another menu, the select 'Scan Services' and it will show you the HTTP port (usually 80), the RSTP port if there is one (usually 554), telnet, UPnP and ONVIF port and so on.

Once you find the IP, open a browser on your PC or laptop, put that IP into your browser (like http://192.168.1.66:PORT); include the HTTP port found by Fing if it is NOT port 80. Hopefully that will open the cam's embedded webGUI, log in and change the cam's IP to what you want and also make it 'Static', not DHCP or auto.

I don't know the cam's default login user/password (usually admin/admin), you'll need to find that info if you don't know it by looking at the available docs.

If it truly is ONVIF compatible, put in the IP into Blue Iris so it can scan for it and configure itself to work with the cam; you may have to change the 'Discovery/ONVIF' port in Blue Iris to 5000 as noted by those iSpy instructions ==>> here.

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera's ip address is set to 192.168.0.xx, and your router is set to assign (and see) addresses in the 192.168.1.xx range, the router will never see the camera...(Off the original topic, somewhat, maybe, but close...)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera's ip address is set to 192.168.0.xx, and your router is set to assign (and see) addresses in the 192.168.1.xx range, the router will never see the camera...(Off the original topic, somewhat, maybe, but close...)
You're very correct and it's not exactly off topic, as the OP is trying to do just that, discover an IP. And it's good that the OP knows that as well.

That being said, most cams (but certainly not all) are by default set to DHCP and that's why I suggested the OP power up the cam after connecting with a cable to the router so it will get an IP on the same subnet as the LAN of the Blue Iris sever.

When trying to help someone that has network questions I can tell by the nature of their questions how far to go initially with instructions so as to not confuse them. If my initial instructions don't pan out it could be because the cam has a static IP on a different subnet and we'll go to 'Plan B'. :cool:

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
I fully agree with your approach. Having run into second hand cameras that had been set to a fixed ip, I was forced to learn this. Most low end (cheap) cameras do not have a hardware reset.

(Off topic for sure...What part of Alabama? I'm in Bham...)

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
Virtual neighbors...
Chelsea is in the same county (Shelby) as I, just about 4 miles away.
Small world!

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perfect Guys for all the comments. Will try them