4K camera for shooting from a distance of 3-5 feet

Spotegg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new here, trying to figure out what kind of camera I need to shoot the process of packing items from a distance of 3-5 feet, so that small inscriptions, for example from a jar of jam, can be clearly seen. Do I need a varifocal camera or can I get a fixed one? Now I have Annke 4k ac800, but this camera cannot focus at such a small distance, no matter what I do and what settings I set. I would be grateful for any help! Thx

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not an expert but I am guessing the first questions will be about how much lighting is available and how fast the items are moving.

I am assuming this is some kind of automated production line?

Oh, and

:welcome:

Spotegg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Rob! no, it's not automated line, and the speed of items is about 1pc\20sec. Lightning is enough or I can add more)

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Someone with more smarts than me should be along shortly with some suggestions, this is a very active forum.

Just off the top of my head it seems like a Dahua camera that you would use for LPR (License Plate Recognition), might be the answer. A camera like this is designed to do one thing well. Focus on a small area and high resolutions.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not even remotely related to your application but when testing a Dahua T5842T-ZE that I use at a pond, I was able to get pretty clear focus down to about 5 or 6 inches. 3 to 5 feet would be easy to get focus but not sure about resolution if type is very small.