4MP IR Starlight+ Vari-focal Dome Camera?

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I searched the forum here but couldn't locate this & wondering if there's been a review done on this yet or not?

https://us.dahuasecurity.com/product/4mp-ir-starlight-vari-focal-epoe-dome-camera/

If this has been released is there a thread on this already?

Would this be any good for out the front, Sun glare wouldn't be an issue but there is street light.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen a review for that model yet, only the new 4MP 1/1.8" varifocal bullet:
Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

I'd imagine the dome version would perform similarly since the look like they're using the same image sensors, minus the usual dome caveats about IR bounce-back and keeping the dome clean.

Most folks order through Andy/@EMPIRETECANDY whose new OEM model numbers are based on the Dahua international model numbers. So if you're looking for future reviews of these, I'm *guessing* the model number will start with ipc-d5442*

Looks like Dahua has a few versions of the varifocal domes on their International site:
IPC-HDBW5442E-Z4E
IPC-HDBW5442E-ZHE
IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't seen a review for that model yet, only the new 4MP 1/1.8" varifocal bullet:

I'd imagine the dome version would perform similarly since the look like they're using the same image sensors, minus the usual dome caveats about IR bounce-back and keeping the dome clean.

Most folks order through Andy/@EMPIRETECANDY whose new OEM model numbers are based on the Dahua international model numbers. So if you're looking for future reviews of these, I'm *guessing* the model number will start with ipc-d5442*

Looks like Dahua has a few versions of the varifocal domes on their International site:
IPC-HDBW5442E-Z4E
IPC-HDBW5442E-ZHE
IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE
The dome one i already get some, IPC-D5442E-ZS D means Dome.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

IPC-HDBW5442E-Z4E
IPC-HDBW5442E-ZHE
IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE
Thanks. The 2nd one looks like it.
Is IR bounce-back an issue that can happen regardless? I have a dome in the back yard under cover with no lights & don't really see this day or night.

The dome one i already get some, IPC-D5442E-ZS D means Dome.
@EMPIRETECANDY Thanks, can't find them on your website store though?

I figured with a number of new release cameras maybe these had been missed, hope I'm not jumping the gun :cool:.