4MP vs 5MP

BSM9

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking at the ipc-hdw5541tmp and a supplier had both the 4MP and 5MP versions available. My understanding is that MP doesn't mean everything, and since they use the same panel would the 4MP one be better for night since each pixel gets more? Or would the 5MP be a straight upgrade?

Also, what would be the most similar model on IP Cameras & Blue Iris - IP Cam Talk Store since I could not find this model.

Thanks

BSM9

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok seller is now saying model number is slightly different.

ipc-hdw5442tmp is what I was looking at buying and he has swapped them out for ipc-hdw5541tmp.

Since MP count is higher he is saying its better.

Could you help me to decide if this is true?

My use case is a backgarden where night time quality it more important than day. Quite narrow and 20m deep. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is no 5MP camera on the market that will beat a 2MP or 4MP as they do not have a 5MP on the proper sensor size.

Go with @EMPIRETECANDY a member here with an Amazon and AliExpress store as well as DM to purchase directly.

@IAmATeaf is from the UK and can vouch for his service and pricing to the UK.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
ipc-hdw5442tmp is what I was looking at buying and he has swapped them out for ipc-hdw5541tmp.----------The seller himself also not know cam well , The 5541 price is bit cheaper than the 5442 one. 5541 use 1/2.7cmos, 5442 use 1/1.8cmos. Pics has huge difference.