5.2.7.4 -- live view does not work locally or remotely

tai4de2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got 5.2.7.4 this morning.

Live view is completely non-functional, on the BI computer itself, on my iPhone/iPad, on another PC with another BI license remotely connecting to the BI computer.

The cameras just show a still image from some point in the past (about an hour ago, but I'm not sure of the significance of the time). Recording, motion detection, etc. still working fine, I can play back clips that I can't see in live view. I tried all the usual troubleshooting: restart PC, restart BI, restart cameras, regenerate database, ...

I changed no settings changed that I know of.

How do I roll back?

Bill Scruggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Uncheck "Limit decoding unless required" in the camera setings video tab. That got my cameras working again.

tai4de2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Uncheck "Limit decoding unless required" in the camera setings video tab. That got my cameras working again.
Good to know there’s a workaround (although that’s a pretty major feature to turn off in terms of efficiency etc).

Ultimately I was able to use the new update mechanism that was added recently to roll back to what that mechanism characterized as a “stable” version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.2.7.5 is now out and seems to have fixed all my problems (28 cameras, using substreams to cut down CPU usage)
I can now double-click on individual cameras (in the main BI GUI) and see the high-res stream with no problems.
CPU usage is still nice and low.
Well done Ken! (I know, he doesn't check here)