5.5.6.17 May 1 2022 - PTZ Control Feauture

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I can confirm this works in UI3 on:

SD29204UE-GN
SD22204T-GN
SD49225T-HN

all 3 use the New Dahua V4 PTZ protocol in BI. Great Job BP2008 ! You even got the draw rectangle to work :clap:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This change came out with the latest .17 update so no real surprise that it doesn’t work with a much older release.
Ok, then I upgraded to v5.5.6.19 release on the 3rd of May 2022.
Follow the instruction of tech101's instruction
NO go! It does not work on my IMOU Ranger 2 camera Same as UI3 web interface.:embarrassed:

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
There are 3 ways to use it, but currently you need to maximize a PTZ camera (not currently usable from a group view).

1) Click or drag with the mouse wheel / middle button.
2) Hold CTRL, then click or drag with the left mouse button.
3) Click the Toggle 3D Positioning button to make it turn green, then click or drag with the left mouse button / touchscreen.

Drag right to draw a red rectangle that commands the camera to zoom in. Drag left to draw a blue rectangle that zooms out.
@bp2008 Is there a way to have the 3d positioning always on (by default, without the need to use the toggle button)?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 Is there a way to have the 3d positioning always on (by default, without the need to use the toggle button)?
You mean besides options 1 and 2 above? No. Having this turned on by default would be very counter-intuitive I think because it would override the "left click to go back to group" behavior for specific cameras. I have trouble imagining that as anything other than an annoyance...

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
You mean besides options 1 and 2 above? No. Having this turned on by default would be very counter-intuitive I think because it would override the "left click to go back to group" behavior for specific cameras. I have trouble imagining that as anything other than an annoyance...
Yes. Is there a way to make that behavior default through a JS override? I would really appreciate if you can help me out/point me in the right direction. I've significantly modified the UI/CSS and this is the last thing that I'm trying to figure out.

In my case, I use a mouse back button (browser/OS wide) to go back to the group, so it's not an issue (left click to go back is actual something I wish to turn off, but this would also be solved if 3d positioning is always on).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Is there a way to make that behavior default through a JS override? I would really appreciate if you can help me out/point me in the right direction. I've significantly modified the UI/CSS and this is the last thing that I'm trying to figure out.

In my case, I use a mouse back button (browser/OS wide) to go back to the group, so it's not an issue (left click to go back is actual something I wish to turn off, but this would also be solved if 3d positioning is always on).
Yes.

JavaScript:
BI_CustomEvent.AddListener("OpenVideo", function (loading)
{
    relativePTZ.enable3dPositioning();
});

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
(left click to go back is actual something I wish to turn off, but this would also be solved if 3d positioning is always on)
This one would prevent left click returning to group.

JavaScript:
BI_CustomEvent.AddListener("UI_Loading_End", function ()
{
    var originalImgClick_Camera = videoPlayer.ImgClick_Camera;
    videoPlayer.ImgClick_Camera = function (camData)
    {
        if (camData.optionValue === videoPlayer.Loaded().image.id)
            return;
        originalImgClick_Camera.apply(this, arguments);
    }
});

WSCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It works fine on mine using Dahua New V4
Ditto for me... I didn't even see that was a new feature. I have the same model as you, SD49225T-HN.

It's working great - Zooms in from 1.0 to 25x in these increments, generally: 1.0, 1.7, 2.8, 4.7, 7.9, 13.4, 22.7, 25

If starting out at a different zoom level it generally increments in the same type of ratio, I guess. I didn't do the math.

It also seems to work quite well at centering at the right spot where my cursor is.

I wish I had known about this feature earlier. It can be a little frustrating panning and zooming manually if I'm trying to track a moving target (pesky door to door salespeople for example) and sometimes I get the mouse in the wrong spot and zoom out instead of in, or pan instead of zoom or vice versa. This will be much easier. Now if there were different combos to zoom out, or merely pan instead of changing zoom, that would also be nifty.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ditto for me... I didn't even see that was a new feature. I have the same model as you, SD49225T-HN.

It's working great - Zooms in from 1.0 to 25x in these increments, generally: 1.0, 1.7, 2.8, 4.7, 7.9, 13.4, 22.7, 25

If starting out at a different zoom level it generally increments in the same type of ratio, I guess. I didn't do the math.

It also seems to work quite well at centering at the right spot where my cursor is.

I wish I had known about this feature earlier. It can be a little frustrating panning and zooming manually if I'm trying to track a moving target (pesky door to door salespeople for example) and sometimes I get the mouse in the wrong spot and zoom out instead of in, or pan instead of zoom or vice versa. This will be much easier. Now if there were different combos to zoom out, or merely pan instead of changing zoom, that would also be nifty.
If you simply click on a spot, it will pan to that location.

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Amazing feature thank you for the continued great work. I'm using Axis P5624 PTZ cameras. 3D Positioning will move with the proper pan/tilt commands however zoom is not responding. Looking at the HTML it appears to always set zoom =1

Move with 3D Positioning:
pan=-12.21
tilt=-15.67
zoom=1 <= Always 1
focus=8675
brightness=6800
autofocus=on
autoiris=on

Move with standard zoom control:
pan=17.70
tilt=-13.98
zoom=271
focus=7506
brightness=6800
autofocus=off
autoiris=on

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I verified this CTRL-Click zoom feature works well on my older model Dahua SD49225T-HN PTZ.

Lucas Tam

n3wb
Reaction score
Drag right to draw a red rectangle that commands the camera to zoom in. Drag left to draw a blue rectangle that zooms out.
Thanks for the instructions, I was wondering how 3D positioning works.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to be clear, this only works with Dahua, right? I have an Axis M5525-E PTZ in one of my deployments. I assume none of this will work for it?