5.6.11 firmware update for 2CD7A26 ANPR cameras

Aquaman

n3wb
Reaction score
I was having some recognition issues on cars that were coming in around 40degree angles with a fair number of captures as ‘no plate’ even though they could be read fairly easily by eye. Granted it was beyond their published recommendations, but my older 2CD4A26 worked much better side-by-side

Looks like Hikvision just released 5.6.11 recently , so I tried it and have been running it for a few days

Recognition rate seems to have greatly improved and just about everything that passes has been reading correctly compared to the earlier 5.5.xx firmware

I’m wondering if anybody has noticed any other differences

However, they removed 60fps support, and there’s no downgrading back to 5.5.x. Max frame rate is 30fps. What’s up with that?

Interestingly enough, mentions of 60fps in the most recent product specs have disappeared as well.

Last edited:

Starstreak

n3wb
Reaction score
That's interesting. Where did you find the latest firmware? All I can see is a lower release on Hikvision.com.

Aquaman

n3wb
Reaction score
For the US, go here: Us.hikvision.com/en/support-resources/firmware

Be careful to get the firmware for the exact camera model number. Also note the firmware from the various hikvision sites for the ANPR cameras are country specific even though they might be named the same. It appears they compile in different license plate models based on region

Once you update to 5.6, it’ll disallow downgrading to anything below 5.6