5 out of 6 cams showing with issues

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Got a 7616 hikvision 16ch nvr from aliex
Took me a while to figure out that I had to activate the cams Bec the system didn't detect them.

Using ds2cd2035i cams

Didn't connect to the net yet

I was able to see 5 out of 6 with 3 issues

1- they all say camera 01
2- the one that I'm not able to see has the infrared lighting up but not able to be detected by nvr tried everything in the book
3- says unsupported stream type on live view when I click to display each cam to full screen

Would someone please help ???

The nvr was deff a Chinese version originally and the cameras.

I'm frustrated Bec I spent hours trying to figure this out.
What to do??

Thank you

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1 - You have to change the camera names yourself, they all come as "camera 01" by default.

2 - IR should turn on when you supply power to the camera for a few seconds, and then off again until the camera finishes booting up. If you power the camera, the IR turns on, and it stays ON forever, there is something wrong with it.

3 - What resolution and compression do you have your cameras configured to? Your NVR might only support H264 and you might have the main stream on the cameras configured with H265?

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2 - IR should turn on when you supply power to the camera for a few seconds, and then off again until the camera finishes booting up. If you power the camera, the IR turns on, and it stays ON forever, there is something wrong with it.
Are you sure about that? I thought they stayed on until camera finished booting (and of course stay on if not enough light).

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1 - You have to change the camera names yourself, they all come as "camera 01" by default.

3 - What resolution and compression do you have your cameras configured to? Your NVR might only support H264 and you might have the main stream on the cameras configured with H265?
Thanks for replying

1- the IR does not stay on all the time but was on at night and still no view
2-where would I configure the cameras resolution and change their names from
3- the nvr does support h265 and the cameras are h265
4-they all say unsupported stream type when trying to playback
5- at night the cameras are on the wall not showing the full rather mostly the wall infrared is on and it defeats the purpose in fact one of them is between two walls and maybe 3-4 feet apart and it dont show a thing mostly the wall its on

Please help as I am about to dispute this with the seller on paypal and on amex card

Thank you

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1- That is good news then.
5- You might want to post screenshots, but that looks like a bad installation.

Please help as I am about to dispute this with the seller on paypal and on amex card
Seeing that you do not even know how to change the name of the camera or where to mount them (you seem to have problem with IR reflection), maybe it would be a good idea for you to find a local installer and get a pro to do the job.

I do not think there is anything wrong with your products, just that you do not know how to make them work. It will cost you either in time, or in money.

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1- That is good news then.
5- You might want to post screenshots, but that looks like a bad installation.

Seeing that you do not even know how to change the name of the camera or where to mount them (you seem to have problem with IR reflection), maybe it would be a good idea for you to find a local installer and get a pro to do the job.

I do not think there is anything wrong with your products, just that you do not know how to make them work. It will cost you either in time, or in money.
I think i know enough Bec I have a swann system at work which I manage its almost the same but there's deff something wrong here

Swann buys all their from hikvision

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think i know enough Bec I have a swann system at work which I manage its almost the same but there's deff something wrong here

Swann buys all their from hikvision
You're going to dispute on PayPal because you don't know how to setup the stuff you bought. Jeez.

Turn both cameras and NVR to H264 (not H264+). It says unsupported stream. H265 does not imply compatibility with all H265, similar for H264 but that is more mature.

They all say camera 01 is an issue but you know about Swann. Swann do not buy all their stuff from Hikvision. This is wrong for starters. People shouldn't be buying from Aliexpress if they have no idea what they are doing or don't want to listen to advice on how to fix.

Without screenshots AND willingness then there is little people on here will be able to do to help.

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You're going to dispute on PayPal because you don't know how to setup the stuff you bought. Jeez.

Turn both cameras and NVR to H264 (not H264+). It says unsupported stream. H265 does not imply compatibility with all H265, similar for H264 but that is more mature.

They all say camera 01 is an issue but you know about Swann. Swann do not buy all their stuff from Hikvision. This is wrong for starters. People shouldn't be buying from Aliexpress if they have no idea what they are doing or don't want to listen to advice on how to fix.

Without screenshots AND willingness then there is little people on here will be able to do to help.
Finally got cameras to work nicely doesn't say unsupported stream type

I connected to my network logged in and switched to h264+ but I will change it to 264 now

Question is how do I change the nvr to 264?

the only place I can not playback is when accessing via browser otherwise it does playback on the ivms on pc

I changed the names of the cameras, only issue left is the 4th camera is not getting detected so I am thinking it was not terminated properly

Do you want me to take screen shots from the desktop or images with my phone of the nvr screen?

Please let me know
I appreciate all of your help

Thank you

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finally got cameras to work nicely doesn't say unsupported stream type

I connected to my network logged in and switched to h264+ but I will change it to 264 now

Question is how do I change the nvr to 264?

the only place I can not playback is when accessing via browser otherwise it does playback on the ivms on pc

I changed the names of the cameras, only issue left is the 4th camera is not getting detected so I am thinking it was not terminated properly

Do you want me to take screen shots from the desktop or images with my phone of the nvr screen?

Please let me know
I appreciate all of your help

Thank you
Screenshots via desktop.

Step 1) Stop touching the cameras, do everything from the NVR now
Step 2) What browser? Internet Explorer or Firefox work, Chrome or Edge do not
Step 3) 4th camera test with smaller cable you know works

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Screenshots via desktop.

Step 1) Stop touching the cameras, do everything from the NVR now
Step 2) What browser? Internet Explorer or Firefox work, Chrome or Edge do not
Step 3) 4th camera test with smaller cable you know works

will test with a smaller cable today when I get back from work?
I am using firefox and have installed the components
I am also using the ivms 4500

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
finally got them all to work turned out the non working camera was defective, it wasnt the wiring. everything looks good now I am using the iphone app and I am using browser and the hikvision desktop software. Thanks to all for the help. I will be setting up port fwding now

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One of the cams now says IP camera exception what to do please?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well done for getting them working. Defective camera is rarer than crap wiring but it does happen.

Restore that camera to default with IE

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks delboy how would I restore the camera, I am only familiar with restoring the NVR

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks delboy how would I restore the camera, I am only familiar with restoring the NVR
You need to log directly into it with Internet Explorer.

Plug laptop into one of the PoE ports and run SADP to find the IP address.

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have setup port fwding and ddns and I am unable to login to any of the cameras I have tried different ports but not able to access the cameras in order for me to change the default password or remove the camera passwords I need to change the nvr password bec right now its just the company default which is not secure enough, can someone help me get into my cameras I can get into the NVR and I have setup everything except for removing the darn shitty default passwords set by hikvision1.PNG2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: