5231 Issues (?)

Tbully

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All -

Please see attached. I'm having issues with one of my 5231's at night. During the day, both cams operate equally well. However, at night, one camera is really blurry. If I adjust the contrast, the image gets better, however it's blown out during the day. I realize I could setup profiles, etc. However, all of my 5231's have always ran well with one profile/setup all day. Additionally, you can see where the camera right next to it still has a decent image. I've checked all settings and everything is identical.

Any ideas?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You really should run a day and night profile and dial them in for the settings.

Those both appear to be mainly running auto/default settings and probably experience motion blur at night.

The east picture appears to be getting light washout from a light close by or the brightness is turned up too much or contrast not enough.

Post screenshots of your settings for brightness, exposure, etc.

Last edited:

Tbully

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't disagree and will look in to that, thanks.

Just weird that it has been fine for a few years and now all of the sudden is being washed out.

All of the settings are "default" and identical to the other 6 cams I have. (not ideal settings, I know)

Tbully

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I keep the lenses clean and can't see any condensation or other impurities in the optics.

The settings were all default (50% ,etc). I went through the process of updating the firmware on all cameras to gain the "auto profile" functionality. This will allow me to fine-tune the setting depending on ambient lighting (auto nighttime). This is making a big improvement so I appreciate the direction here.

It still doesn't explain why the sudden change at night but it's looking better nonetheless.

Thanks all.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd guess IR reflection off something maybe. What if anything is in the scene or close by the camera that wasnt before?

Other than that, as @wittaj mentions, perhaps settings have changed? Like gamma?