5241-Z12E - Frame rates off?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a newly acquired HPW5241E-Z12E which appears to work well in a temporary setup for LPR. Today I noticed in BI status page, the separate popup, frame rates are running around 1 - 7 fps, and key rate like 0.1. But, if I add %f to the text overlay, it shows it running at 20 fps. It is working well with OpenALPR. Substream is showing 20 fps. Bitrate is showing low, around 160 kBps. I swapped cables with another camera, a newer 5442, and it holds an indicated 20 fps. I disabled all my other cameras, no change. It is running on an i7-3700 with 16 GB of ram, direct to disk recording. I disabled any AI in the camera. I'm on BI 5.4.4.8, which appears to work fine otherwise. All other cameras appear to be running right at 20 fps, my settings.

Do I have an issue, or is this a BI issue in reporting?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a newly acquired HPW5241E-Z12E which appears to work well in a temporary setup for LPR. Today I noticed in BI status page, the separate popup, frame rates are running around 1 - 7 fps, and key rate like 0.1. But, if I add %f to the text overlay, it shows it running at 20 fps. It is working well with OpenALPR. Substream is showing 20 fps. Bitrate is showing low, around 160 kBps. I swapped cables with another camera, a newer 5442, and it holds an indicated 20 fps. I disabled all my other cameras, no change. It is running on an i7-3700 with 16 GB of ram, direct to disk recording. I disabled any AI in the camera. I'm on BI 5.4.4.8, which appears to work fine otherwise. All other cameras appear to be running right at 20 fps, my settings.

Do I have an issue, or is this a BI issue in reporting?
While not totally the same, I experienced something similar - it turns out the camera wasn't getting enough power. OpenALPR worked fine but I saw it fluctuating FPS, whereas you see it in BI. But swapping the power fixed it.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses! I deleted it and re-added it from scratch, not copying another camera. It seems to have worked. Of course, it is pitch black out there now, as the LPR settings mean it doesn't see the ground without a vehicle. I'll see how it does in the morning!