5A445XANR - Auto Tracking Woes

mumbles76

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All, still relatively new to this forum. So go easy, please. =)

Firstly, does anyone know if there is a firmware available, behind a login?

Secondly, here is my camera information:
Device TypeDH-SD5A445XAN-HNR-USA
System VersionV2.800.0000002.3.R.P9.4512.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-11-21
WEB VersionV3.2.1.819501
ONVIF Version18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000000.54.RHNAN_191031_33703
S/N6B051DBPAJxxxxx
Security Baseline VersionV2.0

So on to the auto-tracking, i know it isn't perfect... but i have several things i noticed that don't seem quite right:

1. Under PTZ -> Function, i don't even have an 'Intelligence' menu item. So that's odd.
2. When i go to live view, there is no tracking boxes nor an overlay of my IVS rules.
3. I saw on the wiki that Smart Codec cannot be turned on in conjunction with these. It's off.

Any other ideas anyone? I email Dahua support and they first thing out of their mouth is.... "It's not a USA product, we don't support that". I just responded that 'usa' is right in the information field of the product. I purchased from B&H in New York.

Frustrating and not a first good experience with the support from this company. I'm thinking about returning this item as no firmware has been posted here: Dahua Wiki

Attachments

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you check out this thread. It appears to have the same software. On my camera I had better results with the tracking size up around 50. Today I lowered it back down to 45 for fine tuning purposes.

mumbles76

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for that, it's definitely helpful. Though i wish he prefaced each video with his settings in the WebUI. I spoke to Dahua USA support (Apparently there was a misunderstanding and they didn't know this model was being sold in the US.) But they mentioned that in the WebUI 3.x for this camera, there is no 'intelligence' menu under PTZ, which is confusing because every document and wiki out there has it. So i've requested a zoom meeting with them to help me get this set up correctly.

Hoping that'll work. If so, i'll post my results here for others. If not, i may come back asking more pointed questions about the settings from others that have gone through this.

Reaction score
Thank you for that, it's definitely helpful. Though i wish he prefaced each video with his settings in the WebUI. I spoke to Dahua USA support (Apparently there was a misunderstanding and they didn't know this model was being sold in the US.) But they mentioned that in the WebUI 3.x for this camera, there is no 'intelligence' menu under PTZ, which is confusing because every document and wiki out there has it. So i've requested a zoom meeting with them to help me get this set up correctly.

Hoping that'll work. If so, i'll post my results here for others. If not, i may come back asking more pointed questions about the settings from others that have gone through this.
I had several cameras that ended up in this situation and Dahua wouldn't do anything about it. Super frustrating experience. Customer expected auto tracking as they were advertised with such but apparently mid production it was added and boards can't support it despite having the exact same model number and being advertised as supporting it.