8MP 1/1.2″ CMOS or Dual sensor 1/1.8" + 1/2.8" CMOS

Domotek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been following this forum for a while, but it's the first time posting for me.
This is not for a private project. Just some general information gathering.

Did anyone here have the chance to test both of these sensor arrays at night ?
As far as i know there is no dahua eyeball yet with a 8MP 1/1.2″ CMOS ?

I'm trying to find the best performance at night in turret format.

Also what would be the real difference between DH-IPC-HDW5449HP-ASE-D2 and DH-IPC-HDW5449TM-SE-LED ?

Dahua is one of those brands that even the reps need to be on their game to know it all. And i don't know anyone like that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, several of us have both models and provided comments in their respective review threads:

As of right now, Dahua does not have the 1/1.2" sensor in a turret format, so if that is your requirement, then go with the dual lens.

Domotek

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks wittaj.

I've been reading your review in all of this. I saw the 4K thread, but the dual lens one went over my head.
Seems like the 8MP 1/1.2″ CMOS 4K version is the way to go in general situations. It's just that bullet style designs are really intrusive.
And as we have a lot of of overhang mounting situations this becomes even more apparent.

The performance of the dual lens array is real nice to see when reviewed in depth. Thanks to you all.
With current image processing technologies it suprises me how hard it is to get rid of the halo effect completely.
On the other hand, it selectively cropping out the vissible light portions is real impressive.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks wittaj.

I've been reading your review in all of this. I saw the 4K thread, but the dual lens one went over my head.
Seems like the 8MP 1/1.2″ CMOS 4K version is the way to go in general situations. It's just that bullet style designs are really intrusive.
And as we have a lot of of overhang mounting situations this becomes even more apparent.

The performance of the dual lens array is real nice to see when reviewed in depth. Thanks to you all.
With current image processing technologies it suprises me how hard it is to get rid of the halo effect completely.
On the other hand, it selectively cropping out the vissible light portions is real impressive.
I agree with you regarding the bullet style design vs turret. My preference was also getting a turret version of the Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X as well.

But since we don't know when Dahua will have a turret version of it if ever for the Color4K-X. And I couldn't wait any longer seeing how good it look at night from the videos and pictures posted by the guys here.

I ended up getting the Color4K-X. Although it's doesn't blend in as nice as the turret style near my front door. But the night color quality is too good that's worth it for the trade off.