A problem after replacing pc and importing settings.

Boyturtle

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just replaced a faulty, overheating pc, I exported the BI settings and backed up BI Tools before doing so. After installing BI and BI Tools on the new machine, I imported the settings to BI and then moved the licence across to the new unit. Both the old and machine are running v.5.4.3.12.
FWIW, the unit is headless and I remote into it.
All seems well apart from when I log into the device, I get a "Blue Iris Prerequisites Wizard" flash briefly on the screen, before being replaced with a "Welcome to the Blue Iris 5 Setup Wizard"; when I click next, it gives me the option of Modify, Repair or Remove. Modify gives me options to install MainFeature, 64--Bit Executables and Libraries, and Common Shared Resources and Regular Files. I've tried all of these but they don't anything nor stop the Setup Wizard popping up on next login. The Repair feature appears to do nothing other than stop BI running as a service.
As this is a new install on a new machine, I assumed that reinstalling BI and MS Visual C++ might fix the issue and would be easier and less time consuming than going through troubleshooting. Unfortunately, this was not the case as reinstalling the software did not remedy the problem.
Has anyone come across this before and/or have any ideas on how to correct this?