A View of Silicon Valley

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a camera capture the shows the view from our house. Just as the camera pans to the Highway 101 and Interstate 680 intersection, you will see a flight come into view at the 1:50 mark of the video. The camera follows the flight as it comes in for a landing downtown.

Camera used is the new Huisun Mini PTZ bullet with 10 times optical zoom. For complete details on this camera see klasipca's thread here:

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5456-Mini-PTZ-camera-impressions!-2015-PTZ-camera-of-the-year

Blue Iris software was used for the recording.

[video=youtube_shorthttps;leomQtQVbCE]https://youtu.be/leomQtQVbCE[/video]

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice view! I miss Cali :( I lived four year down in San Jose/Mountain View and remember going to San Fran all the time with my family. Plenty of trips to the airport too. Anyway, I have one of these cameras and still can't get over the price and quality. Pretty good deal for less than $150 (without shipping) if you ask me. One thing to find out is how reliable they'll be after continuous use. Thanks for sharing.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice! Image looks soft on the left. Is this typical for this camera?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice! Image looks soft on the left. Is this typical for this camera?
It does seem typical for my camera. I did change the default focus setting from "Semi Auto" to "Auto". Not sure if this would make any difference, I kind of doubt it, but I'll check it tomorrow and report back. Anyone else with this camera seeing the same thing? Compared to my Hik 2032's, the image isn't quite as nice and color is not quite the same, but overall I'm pleased with the camera.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the description I thought it was going to be auto tracking the plane and landing, and zooming in on the landing. This was still awesome though! The view is great.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
It does seem typical for my camera. I did change the default focus setting from "Semi Auto" to "Auto". Not sure if this would make any difference, I kind of doubt it, but I'll check it tomorrow and report back. Anyone else with this camera seeing the same thing? Compared to my Hik 2032's, the image isn't quite as nice and color is not quite the same, but overall I'm pleased with the camera.
I played around with the focus a little. I tried the "Semi Auto" setting and it didn't seem to make a difference. On my camera the top left corner is a little out of focus. If I use the manual focus button I can bring that corner into a clear focus, but then the rest of the image is out of focus.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I played around with the focus a little. I tried the "Semi Auto" setting and it didn't seem to make a difference. On my camera the top left corner is a little out of focus. If I use the manual focus button I can bring that corner into a clear focus, but then the rest of the image is out of focus.
Is it soft throughout the zoom range? I know with 35mm cameras and telescopes, it's tough to keep focus good out to the edges - optics get really expensive. Zoom lenses add even more complexity/cost to keep it good. For this price point, it's probably as good as it will get.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it soft throughout the zoom range? I know with 35mm cameras and telescopes, it's tough to keep focus good out to the edges - optics get really expensive. Zoom lenses add even more complexity/cost to keep it good. For this price point, it's probably as good as it will get.
The image on the left side does appear soft through the entire zoom range. I think you might be right with your price point comment, but I would be curious to hear from other owners of this camera.

I thought I might have an issues with having to run this camera at 30 FPS to get the best image quality. I no longer think this way. By adjusting the default "Max. Bitrate" setting from 4096 to 8192, I can achieve same image quality I get with my HikVision cameras at a lower frame rate. I am currently running the camera at 15 FPS and I'm very happy with the image.

Last edited by a moderator: