A9 WIFI Camera Setup

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought a A9 WIFI camera of eBay years ago. I dug it out the other day and attempted to set it up. The QR code on the camera leads to a dead link. I've watched a few YouTube tutorials on using FytCam. I try to put the camera in Bluetooth pairing mode, but the blue light blinks, just doesn't seem to be blinking fast enough and the app doesn't discover the camera. What am I doing wrong?.

Is there a better app to connect the camera to my WIFI network?

I intend to use BlueIris once the cameras are connected. Can I just useBlueIris to pair the cameras with my WIFI?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you sure it uses Bluetooth to comm with the phone app? In any event, Blue Iris can't help you with that, you need the phone app.

I'd think the cam would come up in AP (ad hoc) mode at 2.4GHz, you'd connect to the cam's SSID with your phone and via the app have it connect to your Wi-Fi.
But even after all that you still have to find it's IP, a port and the proper URL for RTSP or low-quality MJPEG. From what I've read, you'd be wasting your time.

If you're wanting small, wireless and will stream to Blue Iris consider the TP-LINK Tapo C-110. It can stream to BI as I posted here.

Tapo-C110.jpg

Last edited: