Access to camera streams from LAN with Hikvision AcuSense PoE NVR (DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S)

jeecha

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

For the new home I want to take full advantage of the features provided by latest generation of Hikvision cameras (person/car detection, perimeter crossing detection, integration with alarm panel), but those seem to require a Hikvision NVR.
However I still need access to the raw camera streams for Home Assistant integration for smart home central panel and mobile monitoring, so I can view the camera feeds without using Hikvision web interface or app.

Is there any way to access the camera streams (main or sub) directly from the network camera, that's attached to Hikvision NVR (like DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S) PoE port?
Is the NVR's PoE ports just a ethernet switch, that's also connected to up-stream LAN, or are the NVR ports isolated from the LAN?
Perhaps it is possible to get the camera streams through NVR, instead of directly from camera?

According to documentation it would be possible to use a external PoE switch and add cameras into NVR from there, but that would be a waste of hardware and possibly power, as NVR's PoE ports would not be used and additional PoE switch would have to be installed.

Thanks,
Jekabs

Traxx34

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any way to access the camera streams (main or sub) directly from the network camera, that's attached to Hikvision NVR (like DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S) PoE port?
1.RTSP URL for Getting Stream
rtsp:/ip:[port][/PSIA]/Streaming/channels/N
The definition of N:
1.Analog channel (DVR)
N=analog channel number x 100 +T;
2.IP channel (HDVR/IPC/NVR)
N= (analog channel total number + IP channel number) x 100 +T;
T: 1-main streaming, 2-sub streaming.
Example:
1.Suppose IP address of NVR: 172.9.12.39, the RTSP port is 554, there is no analog
channel, if want to get stream of channel 1#, the RTSP URL as below:
rtsp:/172.9.12.39:554/Streaming/channels/101
2. Suppose IP address of NVR: 172.9.12.39, the RTSP port is 554, there is 8 analog channel,
if want to get stream of channel 1#, the RTSP URL as below:
rtsp:/172.9.12.39:554/Streaming/tracks/901
3. Suppose IP address of NVR: 172.9.12.39, the RTSP port is 554, if want to get stream of
Zero channel, the RTSP URL as below:
rtsp:/172.9.12.39:554/Streaming/channels/001
2.URL for Getting Picture
1.PSIA
IP channel
Analog channel
2.ISAPI
IP channel
Analog channel
ID:
For example, 101 means main stream of 1st channel, 102 means sub stream of 1st stream.

Found this at: