Acid Rain Picture Quality

10eighty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I seriously don't know what to call this, but for some reason over the last day or so one of my cameras has developed this acid rain static picture. I want to say I noticed it when it was raining last night and thought it had to do with that. But it hasn't changed. In the day it isn't as bad as night. The camera is a IPC-T5442T-ZE.

I figured I'd throw it out here before I started checking all the cabling and resetting devices. Figured one of you guys might have an idea if it was a camera settings issue, or something else.

I have reset (not restored to default) the camera, and rebooted the NVR. Picture is like this on NVR, Smart PSS, and DMSS app.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

10eighty

n3wb
Reaction score
So I figured I'd just post my findings in case it helps out the next guy.

After checking all my cables and connections I factory reset the camera which seemed to get me back with a "clearer" picture. But after playing around with my camera settings some more the picture started to get back to poor again. One thing I noticed was that on the SmartPSS the main stream bitrate was all over the place, dropping down to below 700. I had previously searched out this forum for what I thought was the preferred video settings. After some more research, I decided to switch it to CBR at 8192 Kb/s which at this point is providing me a clear picture. I'll update as I learn more.

Cheers,