Acti-Pelco

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any way to use the Acti-Control port to send custom commands like we can on HTTP?

The reason I ask is because many higher end camers use Pelco-D as a standard.I would love to be able to control the set points in my camera or bring up it's onscreen menu to control masking and privacy etc.

To do this we need to send the proper hex commands.

Blue Iris already sends the proper Move and goto preset commands. I would love to be able to send the set command which is essentially just one byte different.

Since blueiris has the underlying foundations to communicate to the camera, could we have the ability to say on this event send these bytes to the control port. Or be able to add a custom button that says "On Screen Display" and bring up the OSD by sending the sequence of bytes to the control port. From here I can navigate using the normal PTZ commands and set privacy masks and a host of other features built into the camera.

Yes I do understand that my NVR software for the camera can do it, but that's wasting 200MB of HDD space and being thrown back to a 2005 interface that is horrifying not to mention having to go back and forth between two programs.. I would love to be able to send the sequence of bytes to the control port since the foundations for communicating to the camera are already present.

I think this would make BI an even more valuable offering to those with cameras that communicate on standards.

I hope my first post is not being greedy. I've been dreaming of this for some time :)

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried twice so far but I kept getting

Message not delivered
There was a problem delivering your message to support@blueirissoftware.com. See the technical details below, or try resending in a few minutes.
The response was:
554 Your message was received but it could not be saved. Please retry later.

So I sort of thought maybe this medium would be a better way to bring my suggestion up to the powers that be. :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried twice so far but I kept getting

Message not delivered
There was a problem delivering your message to support@blueirissoftware.com. See the technical details below, or try resending in a few minutes.
The response was:
554 Your message was received but it could not be saved. Please retry later.

So I sort of thought maybe this medium would be a better way to bring my suggestion up to the powers that be. :)
Wow, I can see why you're here, then. That e-mail address was taken right off the web site, too. Sorry about that!
You could try this also, as it was working last year and was used by Ken Pletzer himself, the developer of Blue Iris:
blueirissoftware@gmail.com