AcuPick, QuickPick, smart search doubts

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to the dahua world and I have some doubts regarding the use and functioning of acupick, quickpick and smart search.
I have a nvr5232-el with IPC-HFW2841T-ZAS and IPC-HFW3841E-S-S2.
I have the following questions:
1) does the acupick function work if supported by the cams or the NVR? My cams reading the datasheet don't support it, but my NVR does. Yet, running a search with acupick among the ivs events every time gives no results (despite the nvr being set to AcuPick).

2) from the datasheet I read that my cams support quickpick and smart search, but those don't work either.
in particular, going to smartpss and using the function at the bottom left of smartsearch finds nothing.
Could anyone help me understand more? Thank you very much!

Attachments

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a nvr5232-el with IPC-HFW2841T-ZAS and IPC-HFW3841E-S-S2.
I have the following questions:
1) does the acupick function work if supported by the cams or the NVR? My cams reading the datasheet don't support it, but my NVR does. Yet, running a search with acupick among the ivs events every time gives no results (despite the nvr being set to AcuPick).
Some processing of AcuPick is done on camera, some on NVR. So both must support this function.

2) from the datasheet I read that my cams support quickpick and smart search, but those don't work either.
in particular, going to smartpss and using the function at the bottom left of smartsearch finds nothing.
Could anyone help me understand more? Thank you very much!
QuickPick is very basic version of AcuPick - much more gimmick - but it is supported only on lower lines of NVR (4xxx-EI etc) and cameras..

ps. Dahua is heavily going to AcuPick everywhere... by releasing AcuPick 2.0 on much more devices..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^
+1 to above

I'll add that I was never able to get Quick Pick to work on anything but MD/SMD (not IVS), its been a while but I found it not very useful

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the answer, so it seems that I cannot use acupick because it is not supported by my cams. Thank you!

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Furthermore, even if OT, could anyone tell me how to set snapshots for each ivs event? I find a lot of conflicting information