Acusense NVR with basic RTSP stream

willy3oy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys

So I'll start by shaming myself and admitting that I own some cheap chinese Tuya 2MP cameras. I was young and inexperienced.

Although they actually perform quite well on the Tuya system there is no way to connect them to my house alarm and security it quite a big issue here in South Africa. I bought (and returned) a HikVision DS-7608NI-K2 as whilst the NVR could connect to the cameras with ONVIF and show the streams, it would not register any motion alarms. I think this is because the cameras have their ONVIF capabilities limited by default and there is no way to access/edit them via a webclient.

My question is whether an NVR with Acusense built-in e.g. DS-7608NXI-K2 would be able to perform the motion detecting on it own with just the incoming RTSP stream? There are many computer NVR softwares that I tried which do perform this task but I am unsure whether the HikVision will. If anyone has a deeper understanding of how these units operate I would be so grateful for some guidance. I need to order from Europe as this model is not available in Africa yet and I really can't afford to get this wrong.