Acusense NVR with non Acusense cameras = Acusense Camera Network

Reaction score
So I have ordered a DS-7732NXI-I4/S NVR

My research shows that
Under event/smart event there is a option that I have not seen before it says "enable ID by device" (This is not a option on the DS76xx series which supports Acusense)

When this is enabled on a non Acusense camera does it give the camera Acusense features ? Would you get the human and vehicle events despite the channel /camera endpoint not having Acusense? Screenshot_20240213_052222.jpg

Reaction score
So this is the Image that caught my attention. and i will be answering my own questions..dcsdcscd8a03933e-792e-4f2a-951f-4c65566452c0.jpg

#1 Yes it does work
#2 Enable AI by device must be enabled.
#3 Basic motion must be turned off to get human and vehicle markers (according to Hik Africa)

It does work but it nowhere near as accurate than a Endpoint that has G2 Acusense. (Please see attached image for the identical timeline "AI by Device" with 4 Detections vs "AI by Camera" with 20 Detections

At the end of the day it was better to use the standard motion markers and investigate manually (or use the markers of the G2 End point as a starting reference)
but the master plan here was to save money by buying a acusense NVR as appose to buy a Acusense PTZ....

Attachments

Last edited: