AD410 Chime Questions

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got the Amcrest AD410 Wi-Fi Video Doorbell.

1. Reading the installation instructions, it shows hooking the chime kit to the 2 wires in the existing chime. The problem is that my existing chime has 2 red wires, each on a different terminal, and 2 white wires (see attached pic), so how do I connect the chime kit to my existing chime?

2. Do I actually need to install the chime kit if it don't want the internal chime to sound when the doorbell is pressed? I mainly want this for the camera, so am not really concerned about the sound inside the house.

Thanks,

EricIMG_20230110_134821070_HDR.jpg

Attachments

CarlosBarletta

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. The link doesn't work
2. I read the install instructions but they show a doorbell chime with 2 wires, not 3 like I have, so how do you hook up the Amcrest chime to a 3 wire doorbell chime that I have?
3. Do I have to have the AD410 connected to a chime at all, or can I use it without a chime (either the one that is currently connected to the doorbell or the Amcrest chime kit)?

Thank,

Eric

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Carlos, I apologize. I was under a time crunch when I responded to your post, and that made my previous post came off sounding pretty much like I was being an ass. That was not my intent.

I figured out the link (the URL was duplicated in the link) and that is the same instructions that I had read (both in the doc that came with the doorbell and on the Amcrest site).

I still need to know the following 2 items...
1. How do I connect the doorbell chime to my existing doorbell chime that has 3 wires rather than 2 wires shown it the documentation?
Do I connect the Red wire from the Amcrest chime kit to 1 of terminals that has a Red wire in the existing doorbell chime and the Amcrest chime kit White wire to the terminal the 2 White wires are connected to in the existing chime?

2. Do I even need to use the chime kit if I don't care about having the doorbell chime inside the house?

Thanks,

Eric

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed the chime kit that came with the AD410, then installed the doorbell camera, then turned the breaker back on.

The camera has a solid blue light, the light never flashes and never turns green, and it never gets to the point that it announces the hotspot is ready.

I have tried doing a factory reset while it is connected to the doorbell wiring, but it does nothing, I never get the "factory reset" prompt.

I have taken it off of the doorbell wiring and connected it to a usb power cable and did a reset and it does reset and then announces that it is in hotspot mode and ready for connection.

When I attached it back to the doorbell wiring, it still is just a blue ring and never announces hot spot mode.

I cannot connect to it via the Smart Home app, and it doesn't show up on the network (viewing the network attached devices on the router).

Any idea what I need to do to get this working as a doorbell?

Thanks,

Eric

CarlosBarletta

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Eric,

It sounds like the camera isn't reaching the Router's broadcast. There is a good chance that the camera might not be a good fit for the existing area. Why don't you open up a service ticket by clicking on Smart Home Support and request a Smart Home Escalation Team Member. Also be sure to mention that you are having issues connecting the Amcrest AD410 Doorbell Camera. The Tech that has the most experience in our Smart Home Technologies will be assigned to your ticket. Amcrest Team

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CarlosBarletta, Thanks.
I had called support and they had me do the same thing with opening a ticket. I thought I would post here as well since I there is so much knowledge on these forums.

Thanks again,

Eric

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CarlosBarletta,
I don't think it is a network issue.

I just plugged the doorbell into a USB power adapter and put it next to where the doorbell is and it connected correctly (blue, then flashing green, then "hotspot" message, then connected to it with the Smart Home app).

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric

waterside

n3wb
Reaction score
That doorbell looks like it needs a full-time connection to the transformer so that would be one pair of the white/red wires. The other pair (white and red) go to your pushbutton. You would need to identify which is which and connect the terminals from the chime kit to the same two screws used by the pushbutton (IE: one to the top screw with two white wires and the other to the red wire that goes to the pushbutton)

Even if you do not want the indoor chime to ring you should still use the chime kit to help protect the AD410. Some have noted that they blew an internal fuse on the AD410 by not using it while others have had success without it. You would use the app to configure the AD410 to use either no chime or an external chime that is either electronic or mechanical (you would use mechanical)

Be sure your transformer is powerful enough to fully boot - it is possible that there is not enough power from the transformer for both the lights on your mechanical doorbell and the AD410 at the same time. A 10W transformer likely won't be sufficient, and that size would not be uncommon for older doorbells. A 30W would be more than sufficient. You should be able to find the size on the transformer itself, but you first would need to find it.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input. After playing around with the camera, I think I am going to replace it with the EmpireTech VTO2311R-WP getting away from wireless and stick with the EmpireTech PoE cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.