AD410 vs AD110 doorbell?

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone with real-world experience share thoughts on the differences between the AD110 and AD410 doorbells? This will be a supplemental cam on my system to get the porch at close range. Video will be captured by Surveillance Station on a Synology.

I know the 110 is 1080p while the 410 is 4MP. Is the resolution difference worth it on this style cam? Any other experiences to share differences observed?

Thanks!

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have both. Easy pick to go with the AD410. The additional $60 cost is justified for the primary purpose of identifying when someone (not something) approaches the door. The AD410 has a reliable human detection feature that the AD110 lacks, and this makes a huge difference in minimizing false alerts.

The AD410's 2K camera (actually 5MP) naturally provides a clearer picture but that alone is not the main reason for choosing it. You can capture the video with both devices via RTSP and Surveillance Station if desired.

There are several other additional features the AD410 has - such as support for 5ghz wifi, a small "deterrent" light, and customizable voice quick response messages.

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have both. Easy pick to go with the AD410. The additional $60 cost is justified for the primary purpose of identifying when someone (not something) approaches the door. The AD410 has a reliable human detection feature that the AD110 lacks, and this makes a huge difference in minimizing false alerts.

The AD410's 2K camera (actually 5MP) naturally provides a clearer picture but that alone is not the main reason for choosing it. You can capture the video with both devices via RTSP and Surveillance Station if desired.

There are several other additional features the AD410 has - such as support for 5ghz wifi, a small "deterrent" light, and customizable voice quick response messages.
Thanks very much for the response.

I had a follow up question based on your experience:

Since my end-game is to have the feed in Surveillance Station, can you let me know what apps I will need to use to configure it? I have Amcrest ViewPro that I used to just make the wifi connection with my indoor Amcrest wifi cams, and then I do the remainder of the setup through a direct IP connection to the cameras. Is it the same for the doorbell? I'm not sure I will intend or want to use another softwar package for functionality, hoping to use Surveillance Station for as much as I can.

Thanks!

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All Amcrest SmartHome devices must be initially set up with the Android or iOS SmartHome app. No getting around it that I know of. It's a quick and easy process though. Also note that there is no web UI in these devices, but there is a web server that responds to http CGI commands.

Amcrest ViewPro can be used to access the doorbell after it is set up, and it offers some additional configuration options the SH app lacks. Be aware that changes made with ANY software other than SmartHome can sometimes introduce additional configurations that might be undesirable, possibly requiring a reset.