Added second camera, need to change IP address of one?

CPM10V

n3wb
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for a likely dumb question, but here goes:
I've had a single Dahua camera installed for a while and it has worked well, can monitor with both Dahua software and BlueIris.
Today I added a second Dahua camera, initialized via the Dahua ToolBox program and the camera initialized.
The original camera's image/feed seems to be lost. It looks like both cameras have the same IP address. Should they not be different? Is the identical IP address causing the confusion and any info from the original camera is not available?

zza.JPG

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, they should be different. The 192.168.1.108 is the default IP address for Dahua cameras. The first thing you need to do when setting up a Dahua camera is change the IP address to something else, you do that via first visiting 192.168.1.108 in a web browser, then (can't recall precise details) but look for the Network tab or menu, and change the IP to something different, that doesn't conflict with any other device on your network. Each camera (and device) on your network must have it's own separate IP address.

To simplify the above process I would disconnect one of your cameras, change the IP then connect the second camera, change the IP.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll rephrase my last sentence.

To simplify the above process I would first disconnect one of your cameras, doesn't matter which one, change the IP address, then connect the second camera, log in via 192.168.108, change the IP address. To check settings of your cameras you now log in via the IP addresses that you assigned.