Added Substreams & Now PTZ Does Not Work

axeman8

n3wb
Reaction score
This weekend, I added substreams to BI for all of my cameras. It greatly reduced the processing speed on the CPU, but now none of my cameras that have PTZ functionality will PTZ.

I've checked all settings, camera in BI, camera users, camera setup, but none of that changed. All I did was add the substream locations in BI.

How to fix?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
What happens when you run Find/Inspect? Does it find the correct camera?

You may need to change the setting in the PTZ drop down on the PTZ tab.

axeman8

n3wb
Reaction score
On some, it finds the proper Amcrest model and on a few others, it finds Generic.

The PTZ tab is where I am tried Amcrest and a couple other models, to no avail. I also tried checking the port box and updating it there, as well, to no avail.

axeman8

n3wb
Reaction score
I even added one of the cameras as a new camera without the Substream, and it still does not have PTZ.

Is it possible a BI update broke that functionality?

Besides the addition of the Substream, that is all that I changed.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I have had random issues, mostly with my PTZ, when running Find/Inspect that BI cannot pull in the correct information for the camera. I have had a perfectly fine and working camera, make a change, run Find/Inspect, and it messes it up.

When this has happened I will make note of all of my camera settings in the camera's UI, go to the system tab, run the lowest level of "Reset to Default" possible, change the settings back from my notes, and then re-run Find/Inspect.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
This is what I see when BI can't run a proper Find/Inspect.

1713896731191.png

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I am guessing it isn't pulling in the correct information, then. Try what I mentioned above with defaulting the camera, and give it another go. @wittaj sometimes has luck with resetting the ONVIF user in the camera UI, but I have never had luck with that.

axeman8

n3wb
Reaction score
Sooo, I did not reset the camera, but I did blow away the user that my cameras were using in BI. I tried find/inspect with the admin user and noticed that the camera found PTZ during the discovery. PTZ still would not work, so I had to change the PTZ from Amcrest to the ONIF (or whatever it is...I forget). PTZ then worked.

I tried this on a couple of other cameras and it fixed the issue.

However, I had a specific user set up for BI in each of the cameras and deleting and re-creating, still would not give it the PTZ controls, even though they were checked. Very odd.

Thank you for the help thus far. Anyone have any other suggestions as to why an admin user that is freshly created still would not receive the PTZ options during the Find/Inspect discovery?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you edit the permissions for the users? I don't know if this affects Find/Inspect but you need to give users PTZ control.

1713962727230.png