Adding Hikvision Cameras to Laview Connect app.

Reaction score
I am sure the first question you is WTF/why?

Well the mobile app is pretty nice, i just discovered it because i bought two LaView LV-PWR302 - they were cheap deal on amazon goldbox ($36 each). I was surprised when they were hikvision and not surprised when the manual / quickstart is very wrong!

I discovered i can add my DS-2CD2732F-IS to the app by using custom server in platform access and getting the verfification code from /ISAPI/System/Network/EZVIZ.

To my dissapointment i couldn't add the DS-2CD2632F-IS - it would fail with an error, i can only assume because it has the generic code of ABCDEF?

Does anyone know if that is the differentiating factor? (or more likely i am the only odd ball on the planet to try what i did :) )

Reaction score
ok now i feel silly, i had no clue there was a hik-connect app
i just installed that and have exactly the same issues, at least the error is clear - i need to change the code from ABCDEF

is there a way to do that?

Note I have both cameras on 5.4.5, there is no ssh or telnet access I can find, it can’t be changed in web page, and ezviz web site wouldn’t let me change it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok this is wild, the box to change the code does not appear on chrome.
It does appear on safari on iOS on my iPad.

Maybe this explains why others in this forum also said they never saw the verification change box.... good luck peeps.