Adding patrol function to a ptz camera that doesn't support it

Reaction score
Just as the title says, i have a ptz camera and it does support presets but doesn't have an option to patrol between them. I have a hikvision NVR and i can set the presets using the nvr(in addition to the camera's web app) but when i try to set a petrol path in ivms, it just gives me an error.
So i want to know if there is a way to add the patrol/cruise function to the camera. I believe it should be fairly simple for the nvr to do it since it can add the presets and call them. But when it comes to patrol it just doesn't work which makes me think if the nvr just manipulate the settings already there on the camera and doesn't actually store the commands.
Please help.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried setting the patrol path at the NVR console?

Reaction score
You don't get what you don't pay for.
It doesn't solve my problem but i agree with your statement. Still, from my point of view, a 120$+ worth camera should be able to do something so simple. Even a cheap dvr can do that.
Well anyhow, i am definitely a noob when it comes to cameras but i am at least familiar with the IP part(having a background in computer engineering). So i thought of running something like ispy on a rented server, but it doesn't run as a service so i am not sure how to go about it. I can't practically run my gaming rig 24/7 so the only option i could think of is running ispy on a mini pc box, connected to my lan and tv(optional). I am gonna give it a try but i don't know how good those little cheap pc boxes are at running continuously.