Adjust panoramic camera lenses?

krawler

n3wb
Reaction score
G'day,

I've got a DH-IPC-PFW3849S-A180-AS-PV camera at the top of my workshop door which looks like the two lenses are aligned correctly? Screenshot below - it's really obvious in the car parked across the street.

Is there a way to adjust the lenses so it lines up correctly, or is this a warranty thing?

Revo2Maxx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have that camera but do have one with multi sensors where mine uses 4 2mp sensors and so mine might have an option that yours don't but thought I would toss it in there in case yours in fact does. In your Video or Image menu is there anything for Stitching? When I click on mine it says it might take up to 3 minutes to complete never has.. Seeing yours is 2 sensors maybe they don't have that option I would think it would? It might also be called Splicing just in case the wording was changed by the Company Firmware.

krawler

n3wb
Reaction score
Mostly thanks to @tigerwillow1, the problem has been fixed!

The solution was:
1. Go to the web interface
2. Select Camera tab
3. Select Splicing option
4. Change "Auto Splicing" to "Splice by distance"
5. Apply the setting at 2M, 100M, and 200M (minimum / middle / maximum). The camera will fuss about for 30 seconds each time and the alignment will still be incorrect, but will be incorrect by different amounts each time.
6. Change "Splice by distance" back to "Auto splicing", choose "Start", wait for it to finish, then hit "Apply"

The image is now perfect again.

No variation of manual distance or auto splicing worked until I did the minimum / middle value / maximum value then retried the auto splicing. I don't know if the camera physically moves at any point or if its purely software, but getting it to do the closest distance and maximum distance seemed to do the trick to force it to reset(?) the lens or whatever.

Cheers all!