Advanced authentication Issues

Reaction score
This is my first post - I have not been able to find any other posts dealing with similar issues.

I have BI 4.5.1.4 X64 with Stunnel and I am using free SSL certificate from ZeroSSL.com. For security reasons, I disabled Anonymous user account and have complex passwords on all accounts.
My BI is "connected" with SmartThings and more specifically with SmartTiles app in SmartThings.
My setup works great, but every 90 days I need to refresh SSL certificate. When I do that, I need to temporarily turn off security in BlueIris so that ZeroSSL.com can verify the identity of my server.
As I was refreshing the certificate couple days ago, I noticed that Advanced options under Authentication don't seem to be working. Here is the behavior I observed:

1. After setting authentication to "No", I still see a pop-up asking for user/password.

2. Setting authentication to Non-LAN only does not have any effect. I continue to see a pop-up or log-in prompt. if I have "secure only" option checked.

3. When I enable "anonymous" account, there is no log-in prompt at all regardless of what authentication option is set to.

I am a little puzzled by this behavior and I can not find a write up explaining it.

Has anyone successfully used "non-LAN only" authentication option?
Can you share links to posts or writeups on how this suppose to work if I am doing something incorrectly?

Peter

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can create and sign your own certificates you just have to install them on your devices.