Adventures in Lansdcape Coverage

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Want to retain 'wide' field of view, yet also seem to want to crop the view, and ability to zoom into details. Cam is Hikvision 3332-I.
Deck Cam.jpg

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks good! ever get the time-lapse going?
Howdy Dan!
Well, sorta...I didn't follow your instructions but did something similar: screenie every 5 minutes, and now I save 200 before they get overwritten. Some days are definitely more interesting than others, but sunrise and sunsets are often worthwhile. Can't believe you missed it, but I posted a quickie vid in another thread:
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?153-Newb-Alert!-Great-view-of-the-bay-and-want-to-share-it&p=1917&viewfull=1#post1917

I have to confess even though I strongly desire a fancy expensive PTZ..I'm getting a lot of amusement from this cam! :)

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, I wanna live in your neighborhood.
Just need to shift your priorities...I decided if I was going to be broke all the time, why not live like I'm on vacation all the time? :laugh:

dalepa

Reaction score
oh yea, forgot about that... give the alt/timelapse a try every 5 seconds, result are smoother...

He's my clouds this afternoon... Does San Fran ever get cloudy :)

(select 1080p)

Howdy Dan!
Well, sorta...I didn't follow your instructions but did something similar: screenie every 5 minutes, and now I save 200 before they get overwritten. Some days are definitely more interesting than others, but sunrise and sunsets are often worthwhile. Can't believe you missed it, but I posted a quickie vid in another thread:
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?153-Newb-Alert!-Great-view-of-the-bay-and-want-to-share-it&p=1917&viewfull=1#post1917

I have to confess even though I strongly desire a fancy expensive PTZ..I'm getting a lot of amusement from this cam! :)

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's spectacular! Our best clouds couldn't get your opposing movement aloft, but to compete we do get the fog monster rolling over the Wolfback Ridge bluffs in Sausalito. I get a bit of that from Angel Island as well..when the bank flows through the GG, and goes past Alcatraz to hit AI. It's whispy fingers groping the hills, giving a wet blanket to parched plants beneath. We have blase high overcast today (think Seattle), but I'll try a seconds versus minutes roll vid when activity picks up! :)

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Cruise ship departure. Sounded like a train in the distance.