Advice On Fine Tuning BI Alert Settings

schunter1969

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's up everyone. I have been successfully running BI for several months now and I have recently been trying to fine tune some alert settings. All of my cameras are outdoors and obviously get several false triggers. It is unlikely that I will have false triggers on two or more cameras at the same time. I am trying to figure how to get an alert if Camera 1, 2, & 3 trigger at the same time between 11pm until 3am. Any advice is welcomed even if its just a link where this has been previously discussed.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I cannot help you with multiple camera alert equation, but you may try using multiple zones in your MD equation. I have lots of overhead trees that were typically setting false alerts. I use 3 zones and equation like AB>C, "Simple" algorithm, cancel shadows, with pretty good response. Have to play around with Zone size, Min object size, Min contrast and Min duration to get it right. Try to keep Zone sizes as small as possible and Min object size as large as possible. When there is a very breezy, clouds flying by Sunny day, there are still a few false alerts because EVERYTHING is moving. BTW, how do you get 3 different cams to alert on a target at the same time?

Last edited:

schunter1969

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I live near the end of a road. At the very end of the road is a big pool and club house. Across the street from house is a 2 acre field. Occasionally during the night people come to that field to do all kinds of things. I am tired of watching video footage from the night before and seeing it but I can't stay up every night until 3 am. Camera 1 is for LPR.

1600804207502.png