Advice on PoE camera

Peyote

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for an upgrade for my existing PoE camera, but having difficulties finding a suited one, as no store around to see them in live action.

Setup is
Computer, PoE switch, camera. recording is done through VLC, with the live feed on screen. No need for NVR or anything to record when not present at the computer.
My current camera is a Hanwha XNB-6000 with a SLA-M2890DN lens, it's built into a tube and used to tow on a underwater sledge. I know it is a little bit off from what the cameras was designed to do, but so far it's been better than anything else I've tried, like dedicated marine cameras with a price point of +25.000$...

The XNB-6000 gives a pretty good image when recording, but it is especially the ability's to give a very sharp image when video is paused that is important. With standard video cameras like the Gopro, or dedicated marine cameras, it gives smooth a detailed video when played, but when paused it is blurred. The camera is often towed at 3 knots, video looks good, paused video look excellent. Haven't found a dedicated video recorder that could do that. Camera sits close to the seabed 20-30cm, shooting horizontal with a little down facing angle to it. Due to visibility objects are often sharp from <1m from the camera.

I am not very happy with the Hanwha control software. Using the Wisenet Device manager and web interface. Since the camera has some age to it, I figured maybe something better has come on the market.

Specs and performance should be something similar (or better) to the XNB-6000, ideally software is a lot better than Hanwha.

Needs to be atleast
2MP - 1920x1080P
Box camera design - PoE
60FPS @ 2MP, if higher resolution lower FPS is fine.
Varifocal
Often recording with low light, bad visibility. loads of particles in front of the camera.
FOV - similar to my current setup, cannot be lower.
Some Lens distortion correction like the XNB-6000

Do you have any suggestions that would be worth looking into? Price is not much of an issue.
If you know other cameras that is not dedicated surveillance cameras, but preforms in similar ways would also much appreciate those suggestions. I've looked at lumens box cameras, but unsure if they can do what's described above

Best