Agent DVR -- Blurry Videos

tomleitner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for alternatives to MotionEye for my 9 cameras (mostly WansView W2 and W5, using RTSP) in the house and I've stumbled accross Agent DVR. It seems superiour in functionality as compared to MotionEye. I've installed it in a Docker container for testing on two different hosts and added all of my cameras. All is good except for one problem which is a blocker for me: The videos both in "Live Video" mode and recorded videos are not sharp ... they are blurred as compared to Motioneye. See examples below.

I use the same RTSP stream for both, Agent DVR and MotionEye. I've already tried this to improve the situation but no chance:

• Disable all cameras but one
  • disable MotionEye completely (to save network bandwidth)
  • play with all sorts of camera settings in Agent DVR
  • Use a different (faster) docker host.

Result is: videos stay blurry .... The only "Sharp" display I get when using the "Photo" functionality. The resulting photos are sharp then ...

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks / Tom

Here's two examples. Left screenshot is Agent DVR, right is Motioneye ... both using the same size:

agent-dvr.pngmotioneye.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No idea about that platform, but it looks like it is pulling the substream from the cameras instead of mainstream? But you also said the same video stream for both...so strange.

barchetta1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for alternatives to MotionEye for my 9 cameras (mostly WansView W2 and W5, using RTSP) in the house and I've stumbled accross Agent DVR. It seems superiour in functionality as compared to MotionEye. I've installed it in a Docker container for testing on two different hosts and added all of my cameras. All is good except for one problem which is a blocker for me: The videos both in "Live Video" mode and recorded videos are not sharp ... they are blurred as compared to Motioneye. See examples below.

I use the same RTSP stream for both, Agent DVR and MotionEye. I've already tried this to improve the situation but no chance:

• Disable all cameras but one
  • disable MotionEye completely (to save network bandwidth)
  • play with all sorts of camera settings in Agent DVR
  • Use a different (faster) docker host.

Result is: videos stay blurry .... The only "Sharp" display I get when using the "Photo" functionality. The resulting photos are sharp then ...

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks / Tom

Here's two examples. Left screenshot is Agent DVR, right is Motioneye ... both using the same size:

View attachment 84704View attachment 84705
Do your camera's not suppoort Onvif? I used the wizard and let it find both the sub and main streams for me on my cameras (Amcrests, A chinese knock of something ptz zoom and a sv3c bullet).. There is an option where if you click on a camera to see it solo you can see the main stream.. and an option to record the main stream. All worked fine for me. I think onvif just publishes the rtsp streams to make life easier because both my streams say rtsp:path. It looks to me like you are looking at the sub stream in agent dvr which is ideal for just watching all your cams on one screen unless you have a killer gpu.