AI Training

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So... how hard is AI training? They talk about starting with 15 pictures of each object you want..... It seems like training from your own cameras/yard/light situation might allow for a shorter training session that generic, but that it still must be a major project or more people would be doing it? Has any played with it? Is there a platform that is "pretrained" that we can add to?

Just mulling over options, I prefer a local option but if I could have more control of a cloud version so my images came back faster that might work as well. Ideally a shared AI that learns everything that you can update the local code from time to time and contribute to.

-Dwight

t_andersen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So... how hard is AI training? They talk about starting with 15 pictures of each object you want..... It seems like training from your own cameras/yard/light situation might allow for a shorter training session that generic, but that it still must be a major project or more people would be doing it? Has any played with it? Is there a platform that is "pretrained" that we can add to?

Just mulling over options, I prefer a local option but if I could have more control of a cloud version so my images came back faster that might work as well. Ideally a shared AI that learns everything that you can update the local code from time to time and contribute to.

-Dwight
It's pretrained. Do not count on training it yourself, it's a major undertaking.