Alarm.com Cameras

tupdegrove

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes their cameras? Couldn't find anything here or with Google. (They're not for me.)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes their cameras? Couldn't find anything here or with Google. (They're not for me.)
Possibly Sercomm? They made IP cameras for ADT, AT&T, xFinity and more so maybe they did so for alarm.com. :idk:

Do you have one/some and are trying to see if you can stream video or ????

tupdegrove

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I don't have any. Church got quote from them. I'm an outsider trying to evaluate quote. Without knowing anything about Alarm.com, I'm suspicious of company specifying system and selling proprietary equipment. It's like getting financial advice from a company that sells different types of investments. You know they are going to recommend their own stuff, regardless of whether it is good or not.

Anyone know if yearly (?) fee paid to Alarm.com is required to enable equipment? That is, if you don't pay annual fee, does your equipment stop working? Wondering if they have special FW? Not sure what annual fee is for but it's not a small number.

NoProblems

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, I don't have any. Church got quote from them. I'm an outsider trying to evaluate quote. Without knowing anything about Alarm.com, I'm suspicious of company specifying system and selling proprietary equipment. It's like getting financial advice from a company that sells different types of investments. You know they are going to recommend their own stuff, regardless of whether it is good or not.

Anyone know if yearly (?) fee paid to Alarm.com is required to enable equipment? That is, if you don't pay annual fee, does your equipment stop working? Wondering if they have special FW? Not sure what annual fee is for but it's not a small number.
We've had Alarm.com for three years, which came with the new house we bought as the original owners. Our thermostats, doorbell camera, and front door lock are all connected to it, and we haven't paid any fees during this time. If the system hadn't come with the house, I wouldn't have chosen a company like Ring, Alarm.com, or ADT. I would have likely gone with something like Reolink just for the doorbell and cameras, or a brand like Dahua.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Back when we had it we chose to subscribe to it. Our alarm system was Safetouch but you could subscribe to Alarm.com or others for remote management and such if you wanted to. It worked fine, but I didnt use any of their cameras,