Alert Web Request not triggering

andy1223

n3wb
Reaction score
I have setup an alert web request to trigger a device in my hubitat system. When I manually test Blue Iris (by clicking the bolt in the action set page) I get an success. However, when the camera is triggering motion, I get the motion clip correctly saved in the alerts clips folder (indicating that blue iris detected the motion), but I do not see can call to the web request. Has any else experienced this and know what to look for? I cant find any detailed log showing that a web request was made, but I do see in the log that the camera's motion was detected.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have experienced that as well. Some just don't work other than in testing and is confirmed in the help file:

From the help pdf...
Note that when testing, the action set runs in the console UI process. If you are running Blue
Iris as a service in the background, “real” action sets run in the service process, and this can
create discrepancies in what you experience

Also from the help file is this:

The service by default runs as a user called “local service” which does not have the same access to the system as your user account. For most action types, it’s recommended that you run the service with your own user account instead. This is changed by opening the Windows service manager (search for services) and edit the Blue Iris service entry Login page. See the Administration chapter for instructions.