Alert with pre-trigger

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got my system running continuous recording, with a 10 second pre-trigger buffer. Alerts sending 10 second video to email.

Great except what 10 seconds of video is sent? It appears it sends 10 seconds from the alert on.

I'd prefer to see the pre-trigger through the alert. Anyway to do this?

mwoo68

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got my system running continuous recording, with a 10 second pre-trigger buffer. Alerts sending 10 second video to email.

Great except what 10 seconds of video is sent? It appears it sends 10 seconds from the alert on.

I'd prefer to see the pre-trigger through the alert. Anyway to do this?

I'm interested in this as well. I am recording continuous and when I view the motion alerts for the camera, I see thumbnails of the person or event right in the middle of the frame which gets me excited to see what is going on, but, when I click to view the video, that person is usually already walking out of frame or entered the home already :( Basically, I'd like to be able set an alert to be a few seconds or a set amount earlier than the actual motion trigger so that I can view the entire motion alert. I know I can always look at the date/time and go to the video file and scroll a few seconds early than this, but, since the alert is already logged, it would seem nice if we could automatically log the alert, only a few seconds earlier.

I have logged this request with BI support and awaiting a reply to see if there is a solution that I missed or if it can be a feature added.

The pre trigger setting in BI seems to only work when set to record "on trigger only". I wish this command also worked for "Continuous" recording.