Alerts have stopped working: "Status: parseerror"

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All of a sudden last week alerts stopped working outside the actual Blue Iris program (they still seem to work OK within the app on the Blue Iris PC).
But via web browser or IOS app (both running on my local internet at home): they don't work.
Nothing shows on IOS.
On a web browser (even running directly on the Blue Iris PC), when you select Clips, and the Alerts from the drop down:
Alert list is empty except for "Failed to load!" message.
Numerous red boxes pop up with an error message, typically like this:
Failed to load alert list.
Will try again.
Response: 200 OK
Error: SyntaxError: Unexpected
number in JSON at position 203
URL: /json
This error repeats multiple times.

Any ideas on fixing this?

NB: I am running the latest release...I tried updating yesterday to the very latest, that did not help (5.4.4.1 IIRC).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the new AI feature and is probably a bug. Under Trigger in the camera settings is now an Immediate Actions option that sends alerts without confirming its AI status. In my limited testing, it appears that the Alerts Tab now requires AI confirmation to send the alert.

So try moving one of the alerts to this Immediate Actions location and see if that fixes it for that particular camera. If so, go ahead and report the bug to BI.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, but what do you mean by "move one of the alerts to this Immediate Actions location"??
Under Trigger tab, the WHEN TRIGGERED box does include "Immediate Actions..." and "Artificial Intelligence..." buttons: the former brings up a window showing it is enabled, but there are no actions in the list; the latter brings up a window where the Alert Confirmation box has NONE checked.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood what you were looking for.

Now with DeepStack AI Integration, BI has added an "Immediate Actions" under the Trigger Tab and these are events that fire/trigger without AI confirmation.

Previously, under the Alerts tab you could enable "On Alert" events like send an email, SMS, make a sound, etc. I thought you meant that you had "On Alert" events located here previously and now with the BI update those are not triggering and it was one of these was that I meant to move to the "Immediate Actions" on alert trigger. It appears (maybe a bug), that the on alert events that were here now will not fire/trigger without AI confirmation of the event.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have not used AI integration yet, alerts always just worked: they showed up in IOS app and in UI3 web interface. Now they do not, and UI3 throws the above error. Confusing. I may have to mail BI support.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that is why I think it might be a bug with the recent AI integration. If you move one of those "on Alert" triggers under the Alerts tab to the "Immediate Actions" under the Trigger tab I bet it will work.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried that with no luck. But today I tried rolling back to late Jan. version and all good again.
So next I tried 5.4.4.5 (IIRC) - the latest release (TODAY): all good with this latest release! :)
Alerts working properly on web browser and iPhone.