Alerts raised even if "Fire when" is at "Never"

martyouel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am using external application to trigger my cam for the ALERT (AI software).

In the config of my cam, in Alerts tab, I configured "Fire when" to never.
Even with this parameter, I get a lot of alert with the information "Motion A".

This alerts looks to be triggered by BI because the one that is coming from the external has the information about the detected object.

I attached a screenshot.

Any clue ?
Thanks,

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go back to the motion setting tab - do you have it set to trigger on external alarm?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't have external marked.

But if you do not want Motion A to trigger in , then uncheck the motion box (or will the external app not get the pic then to run through system?)

martyouel

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't have external marked.

But if you do not want Motion A to trigger in , then uncheck the motion box (or will the external app not get the pic then to run through system?)
Yes, BI generate image on motion --> AI tool analyze the image --> Trigger BI if there is a relevant object detected.
So I need to keep the motion sensor on

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe that is a limitation, but it shows it flagged, so you could only have it show flagged ones?

Are you using one of the tools that someone created here for these purposes? If so, I'd suggest asking your question in one of those threads and see if this is what is supposed to happen, but I think it is unless someone configured a workaround.

martyouel

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe that is a limitation, but it shows it flagged, so you could only have it show flagged ones?

Are you using one of the tools that someone created here for these purposes? If so, I'd suggest asking your question in one of those threads and see if this is what is supposed to happen, but I think it is unless someone configured a workaround.
Thanks wittaj.
Yes I realized that I can filter the ALERT view to show only the flagged item.
I'll go that way.