Aliexpress, ok to order from?

Tirglas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

As the title really, does anyone purchase their cameras from there? Any experiences good or bad? Recommends or avoids.

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

As the title really, does anyone purchase their cameras from there? Any experiences good or bad? Recommends or avoids.
I tried about a dozen times via Andy. It would not take my credit card.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered from Andy and paid with credit card via paypal, no issues

Tirglas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sorry can you elaborate, Andy? Is it a website/seller?

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I don't have the link to his store handy at the moment. I'm sure someone can post it.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry can you elaborate, Andy? Is it a website/seller?
Andy (EMPIRETECANDY) is a forum member who has a store on Aliexpress, and is affiliated with another Ali store. He's pretty active on the forums here (providing help, etc), so folks try to support him by ordering through his Ali store.

Some US credit card issuers make it hard to use their card to pay for orders placed on Aliexpress. If you run into that (or if you didn't want to bother with Aliexpress), you could send a private message to Andy on the forum here, and he can send you a PayPal invoice for what you want. So you could do the order outside of Aliexpress.

I think he works out of Hong Kong, so factor in that time delay when waiting for a response, if you choose to contact him via PM here (which this forum calls "Conversations"). Also remember that he's probably getting slammed with people PM'ing him about getting one of the Dahua 5231 turrets, which don't have nearly enough supply to satisfy the demand, so there's that craziness too.