Amazon courier stole one of my Empiretech 5442.....

flatface

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently ordered 3 new Empiretech cams from to add to my setup, bringing the total to 14. I ordered two 2MP VF, and one 4MP full color 3.6mm.

When I received the package, There were only 2 cameras in the box, in addition to a pack of LED candles that I never ordered.

Looking closer at the package, it appears that someone had cut open the box, swapped the camera for the candles, and then taped it back up with actual Amazon Prime tape. I had cut it with a really sharp knife and made a clean cut, whereas the original cut made by the thief was super jagged.

I'm pretty pissed off, because as you might imagine, Amazon is denying everything. From my research I won't even be able to do a credit card chargeback without risking an account (or full address) ban from Amazon.

Has anybody else had this happen?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Im surprised Amazon isn’t siding with you. Have you contacted Andy? I know it’s not his fault but he may have some advice.

flatface

n3wb
Reaction score
Im surprised Amazon isn’t siding with you. Have you contacted Andy? I know it’s not his fault but he may have some advice.
They've sided with me in the past for little things, but I think this must be over the dollar value that requires a manager to step in with a bit more oversight, perhaps looking at the packing desk cams to see what went in the box originally.

I'm going to keep at them for a bit longer. I have read that emailing the CEO or Bezos can elicit a response, even if it's their team doing it or whatever. Kinda sounds like a long shot but that might end up being the only shot.

I haven't talked to Andy, I didn't think there could be anything done as it seems like it's all Amazon's (Amazon's chosen courier) fault

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is ridiculous but I am sure it happens all the time.

I thought their trucks have cameras in them, unless it was someone delivering in personal vehicle.

Someone posted a video on Nextdoor today of an Amazon delivery person opening up another box that was sitting there to see what was in it.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't talked to Andy, I didn't think there could be anything done as it seems like it's all Amazon's (Amazon's chosen courier) fault
It's at least worth a message. I realize this isn't an Andy issue, but he may have access to more tools for customer issue resolution.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it was last year maybe the year before I ordered 4 cameras from Andy and I got an Amazon notice that said delivered but I found nothing. I contacted Amazon and all I got was that it was delivered case closed. I talked (e-mail) with Andy and he did all he could do and he said they told him the same, delivered case closed. They had no pictures proving that it was delivered and took the drivers word. I asked my neighbors if they had my package and no luck, $500 lost. Andy told me that he will send me new cameras if I would split the cost with him so I ended up placing another order. Andy is the best seller I've ever done business with.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it was last year maybe the year before I ordered 4 cameras from Andy and I got an Amazon notice that said delivered but I found nothing. I contacted Amazon and all I got was that it was delivered case closed. I talked (e-mail) with Andy and he did all he could do and he said they told him the same, delivered case closed. They had no pictures proving that it was delivered and took the drivers word. I asked my neighbors if they had my package and no luck, $500 lost. Andy told me that he will send me new cameras if I would split the cost with him so I ended up placing another order. Andy is the best seller I've ever done business with.
I've been told that the trick is to order so much stuff from Amazon that you have at least one package coming in every day. Then you record the Amazon person delivering the packages and when they claim there was a third or fourth package that day that wasn't really delivered, you have video proof showing where those packages weren't delivered with the others. At least that is the strategy that my household has apparently bought into. :cool: