Amazon delivery dumped in trash... need help with footage.

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Our next-door neighbours had the unfortunate experience of waking up to an Amazon delivery card posted through their door saying their delivery was in the wheelie bin outside. After the bin had been emptied!

The footage from my driveway cam shows the whole incident and I've promised to export the clip for my neighbours as Amazon are saying that it was delivered to the resident, which it very clearly wasn't and the footage will help prove that.

Trouble is I only need a cropped area of the camera feed, and ideally with an overlay showing the BI server timestamp on that cropped footage.

Can anyone tell me if:

a.) that's even possible to do in Blue Iris?

and...

b.) if it is possible, how do I do it?

Any assistance greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to trim the video then export to MP4 for cropping. BI cannot crop the video.
  • In BI, using the trim markers (green for begin, red for end) to select only the portion of the video clip you want. To clarify, read the selection in BI's built-in 'help' under "Recording and Clips" => "Trim, Convert, Export".
  • Export the trimmed portion to MP4, disable exporting of audio as well.
  • Review the exported MP4 video (check your "New" folder, most likely) and insure you like the trimmed portion. Windows Media Player, VLC, etc. will play the MP4.
  • To obtain either a downloaded tool to crop the video or to perform cropping online , Google "crop MP4 video".
  • Either use a downloaded MP4 cropping tool or select one of the online versions, all of which are revealed in the above Google search.
  • Once cropped, use the same media player as before to view the video; if satisfactory, upload to amazon with your complaint and other attached images.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Good luck uploading a video of any size to Amazon. I had a recent incident with Amazon and ended up posting the videos and sending them the links. The "great" Amazon doesn't seem to want to allocate enough file space for today's video sizes which are a result of high resolution cameras.

Reaction score
You need to trim the video then export to MP4 for cropping. BI cannot crop the video.
  • In BI, using the trim markers (green for begin, red for end) to select only the portion of the video clip you want. To clarify, read the selection in BI's built-in 'help' under "Recording and Clips" => "Trim, Convert, Export".
  • Export the trimmed portion to MP4, disable exporting of audio as well.
  • Review the exported MP4 video (check your "New" folder, most likely) and insure you like the trimmed portion. Windows Media Player, VLC, etc. will play the MP4.
  • To obtain either a downloaded tool to crop the video or to perform cropping online , Google "crop MP4 video".
  • Either use a downloaded MP4 cropping tool or select one of the online versions, all of which are revealed in the above Google search.
  • Once cropped, use the same media player as before to view the video; if satisfactory, upload to amazon with your complaint and other attached images.
Thanks Tony for the speedy response, much appreciated! :)

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can we see the video? :cool:

And I'll second Ssayer's experiece--Amazon has been stellar every time I've had a delivery issue.