Amcrest camera video with embedded timecode?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW-28MM and an IP5M-B1186EW-28MM watching my trail for wildlife, and I like to take the motion captures and assemble them "2-Up" like this, to show the action:

Right now I'm doing the assemblage in DaVinci Resolve, which is super powerful software, and free!

But the two cameras trigger at different times, because they're pointing in opposite directions, and aligning the two videos in time is tedious. Resolve has an option to Align Clips: Automatically by Timecode, which I'd like to use, but the mp4s that I download from the cameras via Amcrest Video Surveillance Pro do not contain embedded timecode, as far as I can tell. I can't use the Align Clips: Automatically by [audio] Waveform, because the B1186EW doesn't have a mic.

Please note that I'm not talking about the burned-in "time stamp" in the corner of the video; I'm talking about true binary timecodes embedded as a data in the video stream, that can be interpreted by software to determine exactly when a frame was recorded.

Do any of the export options from Amcrest cameras include timecode? And are those formats importable in Resolve?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Perhaps you could try this:
Record Regular records along with Motion Detect records using an Amcrest NVR or the PC-NVR feature of Amcrest Surveillance Pro. Then you could export a clip from each camera's recordings with the same start/stop times to get Davinci input mp4 files.