Amcrest IP2M-841 PTZ fix after firmware update

Stan1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, new guy here. Lots of great info on this site, lots to learn.

I thought I’d pass on a problem and solution before others hit the same issue. I’m running BI 4.5.3.0 x64 and it’s been outstanding with my three Amcrest IP2M-841 1080P cams. That is until I updated the camera firmware to the latest from the Amcrest site, then the PTZ stopped working through BI. The PTZ worked with the Amcrest software before and after the upgrade. The only change was the firmware update and all three cameras had the same issue.

Old firmware- – Amcrest_IPC-AWXX_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.16.R.20160909.bin
New firmware – Amcrest_IPC-AWXX_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.17.R.20170322.bin

A fix was to change the Make and Model in the BI configuration. I have seen this same fix used for other Amcrest issues on this forum:

...Make – Amcrest --> Dahua
...Model – ProHD/IP2/3/4M Main Stream RTSP --> Main Stream RTSP

HTH

Last edited:

Stan1

n3wb
Reaction score
Update - I installed the new BI 4.5.3.3 x64 update released today and the original Amcrest camera settings work again.

Back to the "normal" settings.

...Make – Amcrest
...Model – ProHD/IP2/3/4M Main Stream RTSP

Ken, thanks for the excellent product and excellent support.

DarkBrew11

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem as you with as soon as I updated the Amcrest firmware. However, updating BI to 4.5.3.3 did not help by itself. I switched to the Dahua as you did and PTZ through BI worked. However, I switched to random camera types, clicked Ok and then went back into the settings and selected the Amcrest->ProHD/IP2/3/4M Main Stream RTSP and the PTZ control in BI returned as well. Something behind the scenes must happen or reset when switching camera profiles.