Amcrest ip5m-1190EW: PTZ, 2 way talk audio not working

chunk

Getting the hang of it
Oct 30, 2021
Virginia
I picked up this camera to install for my elderly parents. I am using BI5 latest version. I have had a hard time with this camera. After using find/inspect and letting BI configure the settings for the camera I have not been able to use the PTZ or the two way talk. I’ve changed models in video config and in PTZ config. Nothing works.

I can hear audio so that’s a start?

Anyone know how to solve this or have experienced this?

Thank you in advance

Audio doesn't follow ONVIF protocol, so you have to find the right protocol in BI.

This is what works for my Amcrest and Dahua cameras with 2-way audio:

1670172832638.png

Where mainstream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

and substream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

Reactions: chunk
Audio doesn't follow ONVIF protocol, so you have to find the right protocol in BI.

This is what works for my Amcrest and Dahua cameras with 2-way audio:

1670172832638.png

Where mainstream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

and substream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif
Thank you for your response. I finally got back over there to test this out. Everything works now except the 2 way talk. I can hear audio, PTZ works but I cannot talk through the speaker in the mobile app.

Additionally there is an error present for GetEvents. So I cannot get the ONVIF events. Not sure if that would cause this problem.

Thanks again for your help, you are appreciated!

These devices keep users and ONVIF users as separate and if the password doesn't match in the ONVIF manager list (which happens frequently when people start changing passwords or use the ConfigTool), then the cameras cannot be "seen". Or sometimes the firmware just goes wonky.

Log into the Camera GUI and under users you will see a tab called ONVIF User or ONVIF Manager or something like that.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your existing password.

Or simply create a new user and password in ONVIF user (no special characters in password) and use that in BI and hit the find/inspect again.

And then after that change to the settings above.

These devices keep users and ONVIF users as separate and if the password doesn't match in the ONVIF manager list (which happens frequently when people start changing passwords or use the ConfigTool), then the cameras cannot be "seen". Or sometimes the firmware just goes wonky.

Log into the Camera GUI and under users you will see a tab called ONVIF User or ONVIF Manager or something like that.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your existing password.

Or simply create a new user and password in ONVIF user (no special characters in password) and use that in BI and hit the find/inspect again.

And then after that change to the settings above.
I logged into the camera gui but there is no tab for ONVIF at all. In System > manage users there is only the ability to add users or group and select permissions such as live, PTZ, event, network, etc.

I have clicked every tab there is and there is nothing for ONVIF users

OK then try changing the password to something simple with no characters.

Then hit find/inspect and post the results of the pop-up window.

Reactions: chunk
Unfortunately the camera software requires characters and numbers. I did change the password to all numbers and one character because I was forced to.

Here is the screenshot:

Screenshot 2024-10-26 133056.png

maybe he should try the add user option and see what happens if he adds a non admin user
in there?

I logged into the camera gui but there is no tab for ONVIF at all. In System > manage users there is only the ability to add users or group and select permissions such as live, PTZ, event, network, etc.

I have clicked every tab there is and there is nothing for ONVIF users
My Amcrest cams are older but try under Setup > Network > Connection > ONVIF tab at top. No separate ONVIF user in mine. Just a toggle to enable/disable authentication.