Amcrest View Pro

Astra

n3wb
Reaction score
I am currently using Amcrest View Pro on my Android Phone, but is there another app i could use that is better?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider Tinycam. Get the free version, if you like pay $4 for Pro.
The link above compares the differences and options between free and Pro.
I've run Pro before on a Sony smart TV (Android) and view RTSP streams directly from Amcrest cams (Dahua re-brand) and Blue Iris (PC VMS).

The developer is a forum member on IPCT and Tinycam has its own forum on IPCT here.

Last edited:

Astra

n3wb
Reaction score
Consider Tinycam. Get the free version, if you like pay $4 for Pro.
The link above compares the differences and options between free and Pro.
I've run Pro before on a Sony smart TV (Android) and view RTSP streams directly from Amcrest cams (Dahua re-brand) and Blue Iris (PC VMS).

The developer is a fourm member on IPCT and Tinycam has its own forum on IPCT here.
Thank You

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I got the App. I have an Amcrest Xvr with View Pro. The Tiny cam can see it with QR code. I enter the device passcode and it says device offline.
Tried direct method No Bueno
Tried Scan method: finds my friends Wyze cam at.0.3 but not the xvr at.0.207 or the doorbell at 0.17

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
tried a few other tricks, double checked my passwords. deleted and re-added the device 5 times no Bueno

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
there doesnt appear to be a place to manually enter IP addresses. It seems to offer 3 choices. to scan the LAN for devices, use a what it sees on Wifi, or scan a QR code.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
there doesnt appear to be a place to manually enter IP addresses. It seems to offer 3 choices. to scan the LAN for devices, use a what it sees on Wifi, or scan a QR code.
The Sony smart TV (Android) that I was running Tinycam Pro on had a board failure about a year ago. They fixed it, updated the Sony software and it was running great until about a month ago; now it won't connect either via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. I've performed a hard reset, lost all apps and it STILL won't connect.

TL;DR: my Android device with Tinycam is broke so I can't even look at it to offer advice. :confused:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to manage cameras>Botton right corner click + sign>Add Ip cam>Enter info for cam.
Continue scrolling down past Protocol in my screen shot to add Admin and password credentials.
Back up at the top, click OK to check to see if everything is setup correctly.

Attachments