Analog to IP converter NV421A

diegolrz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a house and would like to temporarily use some ADT cameras that they had installed. The cameras are analog and they are plugged into a NV421A-ADT, then an Ethernet cable goes to a switch (for ADT pulse). They have a DVR which is also analog model DVR5104C-ADT-1.

I have a computer with Blue Iris ready to go, but I have not been able to talk with the NV421A. Is there any way to get this thing talking to BI?

Thanks,

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like you're needing a video encoder, a channel for each analog camera. That will be expensive and likely cost more than it's worth.
I'm thinking it's time for some 2MP Dahua Starlight or Hikvision Darkfighter turrets.

Do you have a budget?

diegolrz

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like you're needing a video encoder, a channel for each analog camera. That will be expensive and likely cost more than it's worth.
I'm thinking it's time for some 2MP Dahua Starlight or Hikvision Darkfighter turrets.

Do you have a budget?

I have 2MP dahua starlights coming to me, I was just wondering if that NV421A could be used temporarily to feed the video over ethernet to BI? It seems that they are video encoders, but I am struggling to get them working.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so the NV4231A is, in fact, a video encoder.

Are you able to locate any documentation on it that reveals any streaming protocol (like RTSP, MJPEG, etc.), ports, URLs, etc.....anything.