Android tablet as front door cam viewer

ml2000id

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to setup an old android tablet to stream my front door cam and hanging it inside the house right next to the door.

The web ui should be fine for streaming, but I would like to prevent screen burn in by only waking up the screen when there is an alert triggered (eg. Someone approaching the front door) by BI. I see that BI has quite a few options like running a script when there is an alert.

Thinking of doing it using Tasker or the likes. Tried looking in this forum if anybody has done something similar. Any leads or inputs?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Or just leave the screen on showing BI's auto-cycle for a group of cams (or all cams). it'll automatcally prioritze the cam(s) with action, and there should be enough variation in the views to prevent burn-in...

ml2000id

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Jaydeel, your work definitely inspired me. I did not consider installing BI app on the tablet previously. I was almost able to do what I wanted with just BI app and tasker.
Unfortunately my tablet is old enough to not support BI app. (Kitkat!)

Will be trying the MQTT route, running the server (broker) on my BI machine and getting BI on the PC to publish MQTT messages on alerts. Then running a tasker MQTT subscriber plugin on the tablet.

Will give an update