Andy is it worth buying "Asurion Protection Plan" when ordering from your store?

Reaction score
after reading through their contract it really is not like an extended warranty but rather just a money maker for Amazon.
what say you?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a money maker for Amazon.

Andy's cams come with 2 year warranties.

Usually electronic devices fail quickly or when they do fail, it is when you would replace with a newer model anyway.

There are some items that if it is cheap enough it makes sense. An accident prone parent or teen, $29.99 to replace a broken tablet is cheap.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
after reading through their contract it really is not like an extended warranty but rather just a money maker for Amazon.
what say you?
I say "it depends" but not so much with Andy, as he offers a warranty.

My first experience with Asurion was in 2021. I purchased a refurb Dell PC on amazon last year for a client, vendor offered no warranty, so I sprung for a 3 year Asurion policy for $30.
A month after being in service the PC would not boot up, said no O/S ( 256GB M.2 SSD took a crap).
I filed a claim online that day on Wed., they shipped a nice, double-walled box with foam-fitted packing with pre-paid shipping for the PC, received the box on Friday in 2 days from the time I filed the claim.
UPS picked up from my home on Monday, they replaced the SSD and it was back at my front porch by Thursday, back to the client on Friday.
PC worked great, I felt it was excellent service and I had a great experience.
All I invested was a round trip to the customer to pick up and return the PC, something I would have to do any way.
So IMO, it depends on the product purchased, its cost, complexity, value, size, etc......no fixed rule for me.
My case may be the exception but it's the only one I have with Asurion and it was VERY good. :cool:

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Normally I don't buy these things and usually the fine print gets you, but I had a similar easy experience as @TonyR with Asurion.